The Penn Gyn Onc (GO) Discover Team
The Penn GO Discover Team is dedicated to raising awareness and research funds to support gynecological cancer patients.
Over 22,000 American women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer each year and, unfortunately, many succumb to their disease, making ovarian cancer the most lethal gyn malignancy. Endometrial cancer is the most common gyn cancer (63,000 new cases annually in the US) and, although curable if detected early, treatment for advanced and recurrent cases is limited.
The Penn Ovarian Cancer Research Center (OCRC) is dedicated to attacking these cancers from the research bench.
The OCRC has five major goals:
- Develop new methods for early detection of ovarian and endometrial cancer.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how these cancers develop.
- Characterize the genetic factors that drive the development of hereditary and sporadic forms of these diseases.
- Develop new approaches to treat and prevent these cancers.
- Support clinical trials to assess safety and efficacy of new treatments.
The ultimate goal of these programs is to improve the quality of life for women with gyn cancers and provide guidance and support to their families.
Please consider supporting our team. Every mile we pedal gets us closer to a cure!
Follow us on Twitter: @Penn_OCRC